The HyFin® Vent Chest Seal Twin
Pack from North American Rescue sets the standard for the prevention,
management and treatment of an open and/or tension pneumothorax
potentially caused by a penetrating chest trauma. Two seals, each
individually packaged, are designed to allow the user to apply a seal to
both an entry or an exit wound while also giving the option to only
apply one and store the other until needed as the situation requires.
This innovative design provides 3-vented channels designed to prevent
airflow into the chest cavity during inhalation while allowing air to
escape through the vent channels during exhalation. The 3-vent channels
are designed to allow blood to escape and also provide a backup
fail-safe system, as even if two of the three channels become
obstructed, the vent is designed to remain fully operational.
Advanced adhesive technology provides superior adhesion as the HyFin®
Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack is specifically designed to overcome adverse
conditions in austere environments where the casualty may be covered in
blood, sweat, body hair, or other environmental contaminants when a
reliable chest seal is mandatory. Packaged in a more compact, rugged,
easy-to-open twin foil pouch, each chest seal also includes a gauze pad
to wipe the wound surface prior to application. The HyFin®
Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack has a large red pull tab for single-step
peel-and-apply application, while the transparent backing facilitates
easy placement over the wound area, conforming to the patient’s chest.
NAR packages each chest seal using its signature Red Tip Technology® red tear notches in a rugged, easy-to-open, foil pouch to ensure high quality performance. The HyFin®
Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack meets or exceeds the current EMS Standard of
Care and TCCC & TECC Guidelines for treatment of penetrating
injuries to the chest and is the superior prehospital chest seal.
- Designed for the prevention, management and treatment of an open
and/or tension pneumothorax potentially caused by a penetrating chest
- Patented, new design with 3-channel pressure relief vents
- Two Chest Seals designed for the treatment of both entry/exit or multiple penetrating injuries
- Advanced adhesive technology designed to provide a superior seal in
the most adverse conditions, including sweaty or hairy casualties
- 3-vent channels designed to prevent airflow into the chest cavity
during inspiration while allowing air to escape through the vent
channels during exhalation
- Vent channels designed to allow blood to escape and provides a
backup fail-safe system as even if two of the three channels become
- Easy-to-grip, large red tab for single step, peel-and-apply application that allows for the burping of the wound if necessary
- Rugged, easy-to-open twin foil pouch featuring signature Red-Tip Technology® tear notches with perforated packaging allowing rescuers to open only one dressing at a time as needed
- Device: H 6 in. x W 6 in. (excluding tab)
- Packaged Folded: H 7.5 in. x W 4.5 in. x D 0.25 in.
- Packaged Unfolded: L 7.5 in. x W 9 in. x D 0.13 in.
- Weight: 2.5 oz.
- US Patents: 7,504,549 & Patent(s) Pending